A facial cleans, exfoliates and nourishes the skin to promote clear, well-hydrated skin. It is sometimes called a “deep-cleansing facial” or “deep-pore cleansing” facial because of extractions.
The Basic Steps of a Facial
- Cleansing. A facial begins with a cleansing with cotton pads or sponges and a product chosen for your skin type (normal, dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature.)
- Skin Analysis. The esthetician covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp that reveal various skin conditions.
- Exfoliation using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliation has a gritty texture and usually happens while a steam vapor is directed at your face. A chemical peel can be a stand-alone treatment or part of the facial. It is generally an “upgrade”and done in a series.
Extraction of blackheads or whiteheads if you want it and need it. (It can cause broken capillaries and discoloration if done on sensitive skin, or done improperly.) People have different pain tolerance for extractions. They can be uncomfortable, especially on thin or ruddy skin.
- Facial massage using classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
- A facial mask targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition.
At Realis Medical Spa we understand that each client’s skin is different. A client’s skin can can be dry one visit and need a very hydrating treatment, and on another visit congestion can be more of a problem. We design each facial to address our clients needs. Here are a few of the different facials we offer:
The French Bordeaux Anti-Oxidant Facial
The Botox Facial
The Calm Down Facial
The Clear the Way Facial
The Pure Radiance Facial
The Nitty Gritty Facial
The Sunkissed Facial
Please call to schedule your appointment today.